The Palo Alto Networks Customer Support Portal houses all of the resources you need in a single location. Device Registration and Management, Case Creation and Management, and Knowledge Base access are all available through the portal, giving you easier support case navigation and faster, easier access to the support answers you need.
To create an account, you will need the Device Serial Number or Auth Code, and Sales Order Number or Customer ID, for physical or virtual firewalls purchased through the normal process.
Go to https://support.paloaltonetworks.com and click the "Create my account" button.
Enter your email address and respond to the captcha.
Select one of two options for Device Registration:
- Register device using Serial Number or Authorization Code
- Register usage-based VM-Series models purchased from public cloud Marketplace or Cloud Security Service Provider (CSSP)
If you choose "Register device using Serial Number or Authorization Code," skip to Step 4.
If you choose "Register usage-based VM-Series models (hourly/annual) purchased from public cloud Marketplace or Cloud Security Service Provider (CSSP)," select the Cloud Marketplace from the following choices:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft Azure
- CSSP (Cloud Security Service Provider)
- Google Cloud Platform
Complete the New User Registration form.
4.1) Display Name must be unique.
NOTE: Your display name is used to uniquely identify yourself in the Palo Alto Networks Support Community site. It is searchable and viewable by public search engines. For your privacy, please do not use your email address or full name as the display name.
4.2) For purchased assets, provide the following:
- For physical or virtualized firewalls purchased through the normal process, please provide Device Serial Number or Auth Code and Sales Order Number or Customer ID.
NOTE: The information is used to add you to the correct Customer Support Portal Account.
- For VM-Series firewalls purchased directly from AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform Marketplaces (PAYG), you will need the Serial Number, the CPU ID, and (optional) the UUID of the device being registered.
NOTE: This information can be found on the VM-Series web interface dashboard.
(Below is an example of the General Info screen from the dashboard for a Microsoft Azure VM-Series.)
4.3) For evaluation assets, enter a Serial Number or Auth Code and Eval-ID. This data can be found in the Eval email.
4.4) Please accept The End User Agreement to create the user account.
4.5) Click the Submit button.
You will receive an email that contains a link to activate your user account. The account Super Users will receive notification of your new account.
Click the activation link.
Login to the Customer Support Portal (https://support.paloaltonetworks.com).
You will be taken to the account home tab.
Once you make a purchase, convert your Eval account to a production Support account by providing the serial number or auth code and Sales Order number on the company page.